Just a few suggestions to help you get the most our of your photo session.
Think simple, layers, accessories, and textures!! Adding or removing layers and accessories can quickly change up your look. Textures add interest and depth.
Little Ones & Baby Sessions
Feel free to bring a couple of outfit changes as well as a favorite toy, blanket or activity. Hats, hair accessories, and jackets can add some fun and interest. Some photos will be full length so also consider footwear.
I suggest going for a coordinated look instead of instead of trying to match completely.
- Picking one color can work, but wear different styles of clothing or tops in the same color. (T-shirts and polo shirts look great on guys, but might not be so flattering on the women in the family.)
- Choose two or three colors that go well together and choose outfits in those colors.
- Throw in a pattern. Feel free to put one or two people in a pattern as long as the colors work.
- Go for the pop! It’s ok to wear simple colors, like white, black or gray but consider adding some bright color with accessories or props. Or we can go to a colorful location for some pop.
Some things to consider:
- Length of dresses or pants – sometimes they are suddenly shorter than you thought and you may be sitting in a few shots.
- Consider your footwear.
High School Senior Sessions
Bring lots of options and accessories, dressy and casual. Bring whatever helps to represent who you are and what you’ve done in high school (instruments, your car/truck, letter jackets, etc.)
Couples and Just Because Sessions
Bring anything that means something special to you. See the other clothing recommendations above.
I’m open to any of your suggestions and ideas! This is YOUR photo session!